I mean looking at a lot of people who I play with they are very competitive gamers and they will play in day in day out and they will keep playing and perfecting themselves and also their team as well. I mean I’ll be honest I play for long periods of the day and I will keep playing until my eyes actually start to shut for the night.
But why do we do it?
Again looking at the people who are on my friends list or people who compete in the same league as us I know a lot of them will put hours to into playing games. I suppose a lot of it could be down to the games, take the Call Of Duty franchise for example the online aspect to the game requires you to level up your characters to unlock new weapons or earn in game money to unlock equipment.
I suppose that could be the key to it. But I suppose it will all come in time after playing I suppose, it just must be how desperately you want to get them for your character. But if this is the scenario, why do (in the Call of Duty franchise) is there a prestige button so you lose all the equipment and you have to start from scratch, earn it all again, and I imagine after its all been and done, people will still do it again, and lose all the stuff.
So why is it exactly?
Is it to do with ego? You have to level up be the highest level person on the team (in terms of prestige in Call of Duty)
Is it for the challenge? After you prestige, you lose all of your equipment so you start with the bare minimum equipment so you have to play against people who have better stuff than you that will make is challenging
Or is online gaming just fuel to a online gamers drug?
I guess it could be a bit of everything, I know which one I would say I would get classed into, but I am not the rest of the world and I would love to know how other people feel about it and why you think its addictive…..

No comments:
Post a Comment