Call of duty sells millions of copies each year and will continue to sell millions for a few years to come I imagine and when you see there are between 100k and 500k people online playing a game it does make you wonder how much money these companies make. But we aren't here to talk about that, no no I am here to tell you what makes the difference between a good player and a pro gamer.
Now I could instead go on about how a good gamer is better than an average gamer but that would be too easy. So I thought I'd delve into a harder one to help some people out, and yes I am aware I may annoy some people with this too. Now as I have said these views are my own and you are entitled to your opinion, and I don't mean to brag (much) when i say this this but on MW2 my kill/death ratio is 2.20 and Win/Loss is over 6.00 and on Blops my K/D is 1.89 and W/L is over 10.00.
So I think I know what I'm on about.
So firstly.....
Coordination/Reactions
There are a lot of pro gamers out in the world now and this is one of the reasons it takes them away from the rest. Now coordination isn't just about knowing what buttons your controller does but its also how you use them or even tweak them.
Someone who has good coordination and reactions will have no problem in picking out his target and getting the first shots off to ensure that he is the winner, and majority of battles do end up being 1v1 situation. I'd probably say 90% of the time the person with the better responses wins. Now I did mention tweaks, now you can change your controller set up and also your sensitivity but even by doing that, its still hard and takes practice to get used to and if you can manage all 3. You will become a good player.
Mental Ability
My person best thing. This may be THE best thing that will help you in all of this. Its all good having good reactions or coordination but if you think about it, how did you manage to get them, or even more simple, how did you chose your gun.
The mind plays the biggest part in what you do before the game, during the game and after the game. You will mentally chose which gun to use, you will choose which way to run at the start of the game, when you die you will choose which way to go and attack the enemy again. Now you know when your not playing against someone who doesn't have a great gaming mind as they will keep running the same way with very little change and they are the ones who keep dying. If i died on CoD, my first thought is (depending on the game mode) "where do i go to maximize my kill streak" or "which area needs help" a perfect example of this is me and a friend of mine playing mw2 the other day and we played 10 games and didn't lose any purely because we were smarter than the other team (now before you start, some of them were a group of 6!) but it leads me onto another point.....
Communication
This is only effective when playing with other people you know because if its in a public game, no one will listen.
Communication is key to winning games, especially if you trust your team to do as you say or to listen to them if they need help. Being a lone wolf may rack you up lots of kills, but if you don't listen and pay attention you won't win many games.
To conclude
Those are most probably the 3 biggest things that help me play well and also win games. Without these I would be terrible and I wouldn't have even thought about gaming in different leagues.
There are more which i could mention during this which also have a big impact on how you play such as confidence, trust and what headset/controller you use but that's a different subject.
Thanks
Supa DX
No comments:
Post a Comment