Sunday, October 23, 2011
The Battle Of The Franchises
This October and November will see one of the biggest battles commence in history.
No I’m not talking about the war in Iraq, but between EA/Dice and Activision who are both nearly ready to release their two main games of the year which would be Battlefield 3 and also Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
These two titles go head to head ( near enough) over the next two months to see who indeed has produced the best first person shooter game this year. The competition for both games will be huge and I am just estimating that millions of players will play both games. But what we are going to do today is find out which one will prevail.
Battlefield 3
With this game being just 5 days away, I kinda wish I could become a gamer for the first time ever, because I know this game will blow my mind away. Huge maps hosting up to 32 players on consoles and a massive 64 players on pc, this game is going to be wild !
With the game being released with 9 maps and 5 different game types this game will take some time to master. Battlefield will also contain a huge arsenal boasting more guns and equipment than battlefield 2 and also more things to unlock as well. They have kept their 4 class system but they now have a more in depth ranking method which will help new and old gamers alike too.
Also they bring one element that the CoD franchise hasn’t even considered, you guessed it, FIGHTER JETS !!!!
This may be one of the main reasons I will be getting this game to see how this new dimension will effect the gameplay and also turn the tide of war during a level. Tanks will also make a comeback as well along with various other vehicles, but I think we are all just wanting to use these jets.
Another thing that Battlefield has over the CoD series is its huge levels and the ability to destroy buildings. In Battlefield 2 the game kind of played as if the saying went “If there is a building, it can be demolished” From what I saw playing the beta I didn’t get to see huge apartment complexes fall, but in the single player trailers I have seen it, so maybe we will get to experience it when the real game is out !!
Excitement level: CANNOT BLOODY WAIT !!!!
Call of Duty
So its back, another year and another Call of Duty game. I don’t want to even think about how much money Activision makes a year purely on Call of Duty games I am sure it would make me sick, but fair play they know how to make one hell of a franchise
The call of duty series started back in 2003 and has gone from strength to strength each year, I think the turning point of the franchise is when is release Call Of Duty 4 way back now in 2007 which completely revamped the whole first person shooter genre, allowing players to level up and customize their own classes to try and make themselves the ultimate killing machines. In 2009 they release Modern Warfare 2 which at the time became the best selling first person shooter game of all time and amassing the most amount of sales on day one of release, and I’m sure Modern Warfare 3 will do the same.
The story picks up exactly where it left off in MW2 and has you travelling across the world to stop world domination from a crazy mad man hell bent on crushing all major super power and it has you playing in cities such as London, Paris, New York too. Although the Call of Duty series does have a fantastic storyline, the multiplayer is where it all happens, with a huge amount of maps and different game modes to keep every player happy. MW2 alone had 16 multiplayer maps and hosting a whopping 19 different game modes as well. And with MW3 promising more maps, guns and different options for the players, it will be a HUGE hit with its fans and new players alike.
Now I mentioned that I dread to think how much Activision makes per year, but this year they are showing us how much their fans mean to them.
In September this year they held their Call of Duty: XP event which was a two day event showing gameplay and highlights of MW3 which is due out in November. Aside from getting hands on experience with this new game there was also a competition for team to win 1 million dollars as well. Now if you thought that was good, they even went further, they recreated 2 maps from MW2 so people could go paintballing in and also had their own burger store from one of the maps too. And to top it all off they had a live performance from Kanye West to top the night off, now if that isn’t a way of repaying your loyal fans, I don’t know what is.
Excitement level: THROUGH THE ROOF !!!!!
Ok so that’s my round up of these two big games that are coming out, obviously there is now way we can actually compare these to properly as they both aren’t released on the same day (EA slightly scared??) but the only people who can decide is us. Now both genres with have its own fan boy’s which will stick true to their preferred title, but its up to us other gamers who will have an opened mind about both games and just bin in awe of what they will bring to us.
Thanks
Supa DX
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment