So here I am, Tuesday night, sat in front of my laptop speaking to a few girls that I know that play on xbox live, and suddenly dawned on my that I don’t actually know many female gamers. Well since this chat I have gone up to about 8 on twitter, but on my friends list I only have 3 girl gamers. So I suppose the question we are asking today is why is there so few female gamers around?
wouldnt all men love this?
So there are a few male macho figures going to be reading this and I know exactly what is going through their heads because I used to think it going back a few years ago now, which is all girl gamers are terrible. Well now I would disagree with this, there are a lot of successful female clans that are about in the world who regularly compete in competitions and do well and also lots of them that do fundraiser event I.e gaming for heroes a 24 hour gaming session to raise money for the troops.
Now I mean this in the nicest way possible but some girls just wont get it. For example (and she will kill me for this) my girlfriend has started playing games, just for me (how sweet is that) but it’s a lot harder for her than she thought. Its not the game that she gets confused with or what to do, its mainly the controller.
So for a lot of us it did take a while to get used to a controller, doesn’t matter what console it is but it took us some time to get used to it but it seems to take her more than most. The fact that her coordination is all over the place doesn’t help when I say look left and she goes and looks right but still I love her.
But I wish some other women would take a bit more initiative like my girlfriend has done for me and at least make an effort to try and play a game. For all you know you may like it as well, even if it’s a demo, an arcade game, a kids game, anything !!!
Pick up the controller and have a go and hopefully you will do for gaming what other women have done for football and make it more popular !!




No comments:
Post a Comment