Wednesday, December 14, 2011

2 Big Games, 1 Massive Fail !


Hey guys

So its been a while since I did a last post and I have currently been off doing loads of exciting things such as playing a few games and also I believe the term now is “sky rimming” for better or for worse that’s what its called !

Now im going to cover 2 of the biggest games that were going to be released this year and what I thought of them, be prepared its no pretty and also I will point out these are my views on the game only.

So you may be wondering, what are the too games and why are they such a big fail.

Well the games in question is MW3 and also BF3, ill go over BF3 first as it was out first

So what did I think of the game? Apart from the jets? BORING !

I honestly don’t know where to start slaying into this game first but ill start with the storyline. Now with this supposed to be a big game and a completely different move away from the BF2 story line, they kinda did it half right, it did move away from BF2 but the storyline was so short. And because it was so new at the start people wouldn’t have had a clue what the hell was going on !

Now don’t get me wrong there were a lot of cool things in the storyline but not enough and it was not long enough either, I had the game completed on hardest difficulty in under 5 hours. Comparing this games storyline to Medal of Honour wich was released by EA and DICE that storyline, although it was short (around 6 hours) it was epic, you had a proper sense of feeling with the characters and it related to things happening in the world now.
Medal of Honour was released 2010
So the storyline for me gets a whopping 4/10 purely because there was no feeling to it and after the first set of missions it was just purely boring and unrealistic.

So moving onto the multiplayer. Well lets just sum it up, it was crap.

Yes you could go online and play the games, yes there was lag, yes there were loads of glitchers, but the one thing that bugged me the most is the fact that I couldn’t play with anyone ! I could not get a party of four into a multiplayer game either we ended up on the wrong team, get kicked off the servers (the servers are my next point) or not get into a game at all, and it took them a month to fix this and by this time MW3 was just about to come out. Also the servers always seemed to be down which was annoying.

And my biggest hate of the game, the flashlight. Now I could rant on about this but ill just say this, when is a flashlight EVER THAT BRIGHT !!!
See what i mean?
Ok so the next game is, yes it was pretty obvious, Modern Warfare 3

So ill start again with the storyline without giving much away.

Lets just say, again it wasn’t the best, the main guys from MW2 were back and half the missions involved playing with them, one thing that did annoy me though is through most of the game you had to play as a Russian called Yuri and not Captain Price or Soap. The storyline for MW3 was pretty much out there already talking about the possible WW3 happening and we could relate this storyline to MW2 which BF3 couldn’t do, so in my opinion it earns some extra brownie points there. They did introduce the new Delta force guys you would play as during the second half of the campaign and it was pretty decent but I wasn’t fully committed to it, a few things happen during the storyline which is why my heart sunk but im sure you will figure those points out.
New Delta force guys
Ill be generous with the rating for this game and leave it a 6/10 purely because I am a fan of the series but it just didn’t live up to the hype of CoD4 or MW2 which were excellent in my opinion.

So onto the multiplayer, and again as same as BF3, its better, but not great.

Playing online isn’t as bad, I can party up and I can go into games together, the MW3 servers weren’t great when they first came out and they struggled to match connections. It kinda felt that if you came into a 1v1 situation, I know this is gonna sound stupid but you had a 50/50 chance of winning. Yes now I know your thinking well that’s obvious, but what I mean is if you go into a 1v1 situation and you know you are gonna win or should win (such as you shoot first etc) you still only have half a chance of winning. Now they have brought this new lag compensation into the game (thank you Frankie Cocozza aka Bal for reminding me as I forgot what it was called) it’s a good idea but a lot of people are suffering. Basically it means it doesn’t matter how good your connection is, it will get lowered down to the same level or similar level to the person who has a worse connection, so I have a 20 mb connection it goes down to a 5mb connection for example.

Guns are unbalanced, dual wield secondary’s shouldn’t be allowed and also some guns are way over powered. But worse than all that, sniping. People now just run around with a sniper, trying to be all “Pro Skillz Hax0rs 360 quick scoping” and people are all raving about it but if you look at the kill cams, I almost guarantee you 90% of the time the bullet is no where near you when they shoot, take it out, its stupid, its not realistic !


Lethal secondaries
And now I leave with the finale for MW3, Call of Duty:Elite, this £40 pound subscription I have paid for 12 months to receive all new DLC first and not have to pay for it, well best way to say it, the game came out Nov 8th, its now December 16th and its still not fully working !!

I couldn’t access Elite until about a week after it was out and then it still wasn’t working well, majority of the things have been fixed but we are still waiting on 2 things to come out. Not only the fact that this isn’t STILL fully working, all these challenges they offer out are basically aimed at americans, with the start time for them working out the be between 7pm GMT or even starting 12am GMT and finishing in the early hours of the morning.

So there it is guys, the supposed giant killer of of the Call of Duty failed in epicially failed to do so, but then again MW3 failed it self, neither of these games are going to be game of the year for me, that goes to Skyrim.

Thanks all and take care, if this isn’t updated before Christmas, enjoy your holiday and new year as well.

(also Bal wants to point out that Hardcore modes in MW3 arent riccochet and he is refusing to play any hardcore mode until its introduced)

1 comment:

Bal said...

haha thanks for the 2 mentions, another nice read mate